Welcome to Lighthouse Tai Chi®
Part Of The Lighthouse Fitness & Well-
Copyright © All rights reserved. Lighthouse Tai Chi ® Design By Web Cats Design Studio.
1. Please make sure there is enough space around you to move freely without bumping into others.
2. Avoid locking the joints, especially elbows and knees.
3. Keep the knees aligned with the centre of the foot to avoid strain
4. Make sure that you can see and hear the instructor at all times.
5. Do not do any move that hurts or will affect any condition you have.
6. Work to 70-
7. If you feel unwell, please stop participating and tell the instructor.
8. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you will not be allowed to participate.
If you have heart failure, you must provide a recent doctor's letter confirming your fitness to take part.
You must be physically and mentally able to take responsibility for yourself or attend with a suitable carer by prior consent with the instructors.
Hearing & Visual Impairment: It is your responsibility to ensure you can hear and see clearly to follow our instructions. Please position yourself in the class to facilitate your learning.
Answer Yes or No to the Following Questions
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
7. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If You Answered Yes
If you answered yes to one or more questions, are older than age 40 and have been inactive or are concerned about your health, consult a physician before taking a fitness test or substantially increasing your physical activity. You should ask for a medical clearance along with information about specific exercise limitations you may have.
Get Your Doctor's Clearance: If you have any injuries, illnesses or conditions, or are on any medications, talk to your doctor to make sure it's okay to exercise. Some medications may affect your heart rate, and it's important to know how that may relate to your participation.
To participate in classes with Lighthouse Tai Chi we require a signed and dated declaration and waiver in regard to Covid 19 / Corona Virus.
What to wear
Shoes: thin soled sports shoes without strong grip on the bottom; such as standard pumps or plimsolls that are clean and comfortable. Boots, outdoor shoes and shoes with heels are not allowed. Trainers and running shoes will affect your balance, foot sensitivity and create pull on the joints. We accept no liability for any injury caused by inappropriate footwear.
Clothing: Clothes should be clean and comfortable, that allow you to move freely without tangling your limbs or body. Due to the nature of the movements and the instructors needing to see your posture clearly, skirts and dresses are not appropriate. Trousers, leggings or shorts with a t-
Jewellery: Dangly necklaces, bracelets and earrings may catch in your clothes or interfere with your movement. We accept no liability for damage or loss to personal items.
Please avoid the use of strong fragrances and be aware of your personal hygiene.
Behaviour: students are responsible for their own behaviour. Disrupting the session or preventing others from learning or enjoying the session is anti-
It is never acceptable to make another student or the instructors feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. This will result in a ban from the classes, seminars and events.
Bans are also enforced if a student is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, commits an illegal act whilst attending a class, behaves in an abusive, violent or threatening manner towards the tutor, other staff or any other student at any time; disrupts the classes or causes any injury to others or damage to the premises or equipment
Lighthouse Tai Chi® Lighthouse Qigong® and Lighthouse Aqua Tai Chi® are Registered Trade Marks. The use of the name Lighthouse is prohibited for all the UK fitness industry sector unless specifically granted under our licence. All our documentation, handouts, images and video clips are the copyright of Lighthouse Tai Chi®
Seminars, workshops and events additional T&Cs
Booking conditions: only places booked and fully paid for in advance will be allocated. Places are allocated on payment only, first come first served basis. There will be no on the door sales. Payments are non-
Cancellation policy: you may sell your place to someone else and inform us of the name change, with no fee or cost. If LHTC re-
Copyright: all printed and visual material provided at our seminars is the exclusive copyright and intellectual property of Lighthouse Tai Chi® Copying and sharing this material without our permission will result in legal action against you, to protect our intellectual property, and a life-
Lighthouse Tai Chi® Terms & Conditions
Download a copy of our Terms & Conditions